Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Christian Networker's Perspective - Story of Technical Problems

So, our newsletter is finally back out today. Unfortunately to a smaller subscriber base after the technical difficulties we've been having. That is why it has been so long since we have had an issue.

This fall I was getting ready to send out an issue, when I discovered that without any warning the autoresponder broadcast system I was using (Pro Autoresponder) had shut down. They simply went out of business, and I was left with no way to get my newsletter out.

I thought it would be fairly simple to switch over to a new company. I new it would be a pain, but it ended up being more difficult than I thought. I switched over to a new company, only to find upon testing that it would not work for my needs. It would not send out the broadcasts of the newsletter the way I wanted it to, and further it had a very hard to use control panel.

I eventually found another autoresponder system that has worked. Unfortunately it means that all of the subscribers have had to reconfirm their subscription. As such, we have only a small fraction of the original subscriber base. Hopefully many will confirm their subscription still.

Anyways, it took a few weeks of testing to be able to configure the newsletter for the new autoresponder. Even then we have been having problems with the HTML version. As such, this first issue back is in text only. Hopefully our next issue will work smoothly in HTML. Thank you for being subscribers.

If you are reading this blog and you are not a subscriber of our free newsletter, "A Christian Networker's Perspective", I would encourage you to email me to subscribe. Send me an email at and ask to subscribe.


No comments: